I love reading and sharing good advice that I want to read later myself. For instance, did you know that touch is the most important sense for our happiness? It is estimated that a person needs 8 hugs a day or we may become touch deprived according to Angel Travada, a holistic massage therapist. This article struck a cord with me so I wanted to share the basics both for you and for myself as a later reference. According to an article published through Psychology Today these are the 10 habits that happy couple share:
- Go to bed at the same time
- Cultivate common interests
- Walk hand in hand or side by side
- Make trust and forgiveness your default mode
- Focus more on what your partner does right
- Hug each other as soon as you see each other after work
- Say “I love you” and “Have a good day” every morning
- Say “Good night” every night regardless of how you feel
- Do a “weather”check during the day (quick call to see how the day is going)
- Be proud to be seen with your partner (casual touch making it obvious that you are together)
I would add that they pray for each other and attend church or listen to a favorite pastor weekly while together. The link to the complete article is http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/just-listen/200911/10-habits-happy-couples .
Put your relationship with your partner first when at all possible. Your children will be growing up and leaving the house…your partner will be there as long as god grants both of you days here on this earth. This doesn’t mean neglect your kids – it just means make sure you show respect for your partner by taking just a few minutes to reach out and remind them that you are glad they are there as your partner.